We all grew up knowing that sleep is important. It helps us rejuvenate our bodies for another active day. But why is sleep so important for depressives? Sleep helps our bodies feel better and when we feel better, our minds are less likely to be as negative. The more tired we are, the worse our thoughts get.So here are some quick tips for better sleep.
- Avoid naps during the day.
- Sleep only as much as you need.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid excessive liquids in the evening and cut down on all caffeinated products.
- Avoid watching television in bed and using a device with a bright screen (e.g. a smartphone, laptop) an hour before bed.
- If you can’t fall asleep, get about and do something relaxing then try again later.
Remember to make your bedroom a pleasant place to be. Make it dark, make sure the bed is comfortable and make sure the room is a comfortable temperature. These conditions will help you enjoy better sleep.
These are just a few suggestions for enjoying better sleep. Please view the link below for more guidelines for better sleep.